5 must-have WordPress plugins to start a blog

Karolina /

You’ve created a website on WordPress but you want to turn it into a blog? Try out the WordPress plugins from our list! You’ll be able to, among others: allow readers to share your content and follow you on social media channels, get rid of malicious spam, create a personalized contact form, position your blog higher in the search engine results.
 

5 must-have WordPress plugins to start a blog

Do you dream of running your own blog? Find out what are the best WordPress plugins to start your blog!

Yoast SEO

Don’t ignore search engine optimization. Studies have shown that most users don’t go past the top 5 results, so they get almost 95% of web traffic, while the remaining 5% goes to other websites.Thanks to Yoast SEO, your blog will be displayed higher in the Google search results and, consequently, it will attract more readers.
 

 
Yoast SEO is also a great WordPress e-commerce plugin. If you want to know more about choosing the best e-commerce platform for your business, visit https://cut2code.com/woocommerce-vs-magento-which-one-is-better-for-your-business/.

Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights

Are you curious who visits your blog and which pages get the most traffic? With this WordPress plugin, you can connect your page with your Google Analytics account.
 

 
You’ll learn from what countries your visitors come from, what is their age and gender, what devices they use. You can also observe their behavior – how they managed to find your blog, what key phrases they used, what parts of your page had the most clicks. You’ll also receive statistics on what is the best time to publish content, and what category tags and Yoast key phrases to use. Thanks to this plugin, personalizing your website is brought to a whole new level.

Simple Share Buttons Adder

Direct your visitors from your blog to your social media accounts. With the Simple Share Buttons Adder, you can add buttons that link to the most popular social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, ane many more. You can choose from 11 different button sets, which you can personalize style to make them match your WordPress theme. For example, you can freely customize the color of the buttons, icons, including the hover.
 

 

  How to build a nice contact page using the contact form plugin?

Akismet Anti-Spam

With over 5 million active installations, Akismet Anti-Spam is one of the most popular WordPress plugins used by bloggers. It automatically checks comments your visitors leave and is able to identify them as spam. You can easily manage the comments Akismet has deleted or unspam the comments of your choice. This plugin will effectively protect your blog from malicious comments that try to hurt your website’s credibility.
 

 

Contact Form 7

Contact Form 7 has over 5 million active installations, making it the most frequently used contact form plugin for WordPress. It allows you to create personalized contact forms that are supported by, among others, CAPTCHA and Akismet Anti-Spam, so you’ll be protected from malicious content. Adding a contact form to your blog improves communication and, in some cases, it may even encourage marketing collaboration.